Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Diet issues--my health eludes me--must go look for it!

Ack.

(And I mean that with all the angst and anguish it can hold. Really.)

I believe that today, May 8, 2008, I officially grew TOO TIRED of my body's shenanigans to fight against it any longer, and have begun to research what I can do WITH it. Bah! So what I know at this time is that I have Gilbert's Syndrome (supposedly benign--my aching BUTT) and mild gastroparesis (slow gastric emptying.) So where to go from there?

I'll tell you where--a gluten-free, dairy-free, beef- poultry- pork-free diet. Yeah, sounds yummy, doesn't it? Plus any vitamins/supplements/voodoo pills that claim to help with liver function and digestion.

Basically, an asian diet--fish, veggies, rice. I suppose I could live on that, but I'll tell you, it's going to hellish giving up Coke and cheese. You know, they make rice cheese. Oh, and my allergist tells me I'm allergic to SOY, of all things, so that effectively wipes out a shitload of substitutes I could be eating. The upside: chocolate rice milk isn't so bad.

So tomorrow, I'll start out slowly by NOT drinking Coke, Dr. Pepper or anything else of that ilk--water only, which shouldn't be too hard until the withdrawal symptoms kick in.

I reiterate: Ack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Good lord, woman! I am going to have to do some googlin' to read up on this Gilbert's Syndrome, but it sounds HORRIBLE. But YAY on such an adorable ballerina! And for your journey to Vet Tech! Truly awesome.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home