Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions

Me: snorting with laughter

Okay, alright. I'm always one to laugh at my own goals because hey! Saves me the time and energy I would otherwise have spent actually trying to ACHIEVE them, see? No so this 30th time around or so! (I don't think I made any resolutions before I was 10. I was not yet completely disgusted with myself. Close, though.) No, this time, I'm SERIOUS, dammit! And here they are, because I know you started holding your breath in anticipation at the beginning of this paragraph, and I want you to continue living!

1. Organize. I KNOW! LAUGH! It's all I can do not to lay down and listen to my guts bust as I howl. I can do it! I can! I CAN! I have a little pink binder and everything!

2. Keep a (relatively) tidy house. Those of you who have lived with me (you know who you are--I won't out you here) know that this is even more ridiculous than #1, and yet, today, I cleared off one of the kitchen counters, did about a hundred loads of wash--AND HUNG UP THE CLEAN STUFF!!--and enlisted Zoe to help me collect Moe poo from the backyard. I am awesome.

3. Eat more healthfully. I went onto mypyramid.gov today to check what I eat daily against the government-sanctioned food pyramid, and I fully expect government agents to knock on the door tomorrow to take me away. Yes, it's that bad.

4. Figure out SOME way to generate an income. I don't have a lot of options, here. I'm open to suggestions. I could give blood and sell my belongings. That leaves me passed out on the concrete.

Can I accomplish these things in one measly year? One would hope. Other people do them in a single DAY. Me? I like to take my time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Happy New Year! Your goals seem to be mine as well. I was so overwhelmed this first day of the year, though, that I said 'screw it', grabbed Jake and we went clearance-saling and lunching and starbuxing all afternoon.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home