Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Perhaps I'm dumbing it down a bit too much

We went to storytime at The Book People this morning. They have a special area there that they've built with carpeted bleacher-style seating. Since there's a tunnel beneath the seats, if you stomp on them or kick them, you can produce a pretty loud sound.

Which, of course, Zoe was doing.

So I said, "Shhh! Don't do that!"
She said, "Why?"
I said, "Because it makes a very loud sound. We want to be quiet, so we make a NOT very loud sound."
She whispers, "Pianissimo!"

Well, yes. Perhaps next time, you can clarify what I'm saying much more succinctly if you use Hebrew.



Hence the address of my blog. We are so very screwed.

(Thanks to the Little Einsteins, by the way. They occasionally make me wish I was blind and deaf, but now Zoe knows all her musical terminology.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now she's learning ballet terms from her new books too. Maybe we should teach her the Greek and Cyrilic alphabets before she starts kindergarten just to mess with people.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home