Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

One week

Today marks one whole week without caffeine (at least from soda-type sources) and not much has changed healthwise, but I didn't expect it to so fast. I have also begun to rethink my whole gluten-free idea, because I went to our tree-huggiest grocery store and there really is a dearth of gluten-free stuff out there, and what IS out there cost about three times as much as the gluten-lousy stuff. Plus, I don't have any hard evidence I have an issue with gluten, but I DO have evidence of a milk intolerance, so I'm going to start there. I'm going to start by RESTRICTING dairy, first. We'll see if I live through it.

Cool thing #1: a dove with two fledgelings is living right outside my computer window. Those chicks better learn to fly pretty soon, though, because the nest is getting mighty small.

Cool thing #2: today's afternoon activity, if Zoe hasn't fallen asleep on the couch, will be to empty a bag of native Texas topsoil into a tub, add some water, and let her have at it. I think that'll be a huge hit.

Cool thing #3: Zoe has lately taken to telling me that she can't sleep in her room alone at night, and wants me to stay with her after her books each evening. One night last week, I told her I couldn't, but I'd be right outside her room on the computer. Her response: "But, Mommy, I just feel so cold and alone when you're not here." To my credit, I didn't laugh OUT LOUD.

Oh, gross. Those two fledgelings are practically tearing their mother's throat out eating. Bleah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaston de Clermont said...

You can do the no Coke thing! Really! And your reasoning for cutting out dairy before you tackle gluten makes a lot of sense. It's like a scientific approach or something. Maybe this vet tech program is rubbing off on you...
I love you, monkey butt. It's fantastic to see you working on feeling healthy.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home