Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Girl's birthday, and why I didn't remember it was so soon

I was just informed tonight that the Girl's birthday is in three weeks. Um, CRAP! I was still walking around with my head up my butt thinking I still had LOTS of time to plan and invite and shop and order cakes and blah blah BLAH! NO! I DO NOT! Three weeks, for crap's sake.

However, my brain stopped working with good cause. Let me tell you about it in excruciating detail, because just saying, "I have a buttload of schoolwork to do" doesn't really encompass the enormical scope of what I'm doing. Between today (Monday) and next Monday, I have to:
- Read 164 pages from 9 different books (normally, reading a lot doesn't phase me, but John Grisham these people ain't.)
- Read 10 scientific articles
- Watch 2 videos
- Do 16 written assignments
- Post to 2 discussion boards
- Take 4 quizzes
- Take 3 midterm exams
IN ONE WEEK, PEOPLE! And then I have to do it 6 more times! Thankfully, I am not yet dead, although I'm beginning to wish I was, just a little bit. Can you imagine what it'd be like if I didn't LIKE what I was doing? Hell would've broken loose in Texas, I tell you what.

So in three weeks, the Girl turns 6, and has been telling me about all the things she'd like to have, and I bring those requests to you, Dear Readers.

Zoe's Wishlist <----- CLICK ON THAT! It will take you directly to her wishlist on Amazon, whereupon I have put on shameless display many of the things she and I think she would like to have because she doesn't have enough stuff already, and also we don't feed her.

I had all these amazing ideas for this post--stories and anecdotes, amazing things I was going to tell you all, but in reality, what's going on is that my eyes burn, I haven't gotten enough sleep, and I still have to look up the bakery that'll be making the cake, plus design an invitation, and find a place to actually HAVE the party, because for once in my like, I'm NOT doing everything myself. For her birthday, anyway. Now, Halloween is a totally different story. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home