Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

On Being Responsible For Somebody Else or Parenting Sometimes Sucks Quite Mightily

It has recently come to my attention that the people who run the school the Girl goes to are asshats, and for various reasons, (GREAT BIG ASSHATS), I feel she might be better off at another school.

Seems like an easy enough decision to make, but it isn't! And it isn't simple because it isn't about me. If I screw up something big and I'm the only one who has to pay for it, fine, but the Girl is in the middle here. What if I send her somewhere that makes her miserable? Then again, what if remaining at her current school is what makes her miserable?

Why does nobody say anything to childless people about all the shit that happens when you have another human person depending on you and that you actually CARE about that actual human person, and so all the choices you have to make are absolutely agonizing? I guess it wouldn't make a particularly uplifing greeting card: "Congratulations on your pregnancy! YOU WILL GET AN ULCER."

Or at least some diarrhea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home