Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Question: What is evil and cruelty personified? Answer: Me

According to my dear daughter, I would give Snow White's stepmother a run for her money. I am cruel, mean and evil, and I wouldn't know how to help somebody who came up to me begging for it. I am, apparently, what makes her life so very miserable. Yes, I did it.

I asked her to clean up her room.

Oh, the humanity! And well you might gasp out, "What sort of monster asks this of a child? What sort of foul ichor runs sluggishly through her veins that she has the intestinal fortitude to request a small girl do something so very distasteful, so very, dare I say, WRONG!?" Is she a reptile, devoid of the normal warmth a mother's heart has for her offspring? Are her emotions stunted? Is she unable to dredge up even a modicum of feeling for this little girl, who wants nothing more than to simply live a life of constant fun and excitement and absolutely no chores or obligations whatsoever?

Yeah, that'd be me.

I know there are those of you out there who may well remember my own fights with my mother about this selfsame thing. What I'm TRYING to do here is get her used to keeping a relatively tidy room BEFORE she becomes so firmly entrenched in her slobbiness that she turns into me. I don't think it's working so well, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home