Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Update: Moe

Surgery was yesterday, and according to the doctor, she's very pleased with how things went. There were several factors that make the prognosis better, which I think I already mentioned, about not showing clinical signs, and a good surgical site. Add to that the fact that the lesion was pedunculated, meaning that instead of being flush with the mucosa of his bladder, it was more of an encapsulated thing on a stalk. She was able to excise a decent margin, too, go Dr. Caplan!

Moe came out of anesthesia well, and according to the woman I talked to today, is up and around, and is peeing on his own with no problems. Go, Moe! I get to pick him up today around 2 pm. He has to wear an e-collar, but aside from that, I'm hoping he's himself.

Catching this lesion has, as far as I'm concerned, made every single penny Zach has put into my tech education worth it. Remember I mentioned that there was a lot of backstory? The gist of said backstory is that because I knew what I was talking about, I had my regular vet's office do a follow-up urinalysis after they told me his urine looked great. I knew it didn't. If I'd taken their word for it, I would have waited an entire year for another urinalysis on his yearly checkup, and I don't want to think what it would have found at that point. Go, me! Go, Elizabeth Warren, RVT, who has taught me so well!

Of course, we're not out of the woods, but the trees, they are a'thinning. And I can breathe again. And maybe tonight, I'll be able to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home