Name:
Location: Central Texas

I'm tired.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy doggie!


Taken on the banks of the Colorado River the day before his surgery. (While I was focusing my camera on Moe, Zoe was frolicking IN the Colorado River, and I was paying NO ATTENTION! My odyssey as a mother continues. . .) However, both are fine, and even better, both are currently healthy, and I'm praying it stays that way. Moe is on a long-term non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, and will need quarterly urinalyses and twice-yearly ultrasounds for the rest of forever, but that's fine with me!

Here's the fun news right now. Zach and I have TENTATIVELY decided to send in some photos of the kid to a local talent agency, for a few reasons. One, she looked at me the other day, and with the utmost seriousness said, "Mommy, I want to be on TV." Two, if I don't hear the phrase, "Look at me!" at least 20 times in a day, it isn't a normal day. The girl lives for the spotlight, and I live in dire fear that that need will lead her in unsavory directions. Better she be guided in her need to be the center of attention than let her forge her own way. We have agreed that it would never interfere with school, though.

Also, David Sedaris is going to be at Book People (YES! RIGHT HERE IN TOWN!) this coming Thursday, and I am blowing off school to be there. I have to be one of the first 500 to be able to have the privilege of standing in line for several hours for his autograph, but damned if I won't do it! Now all I have to do is find someone to watch the kid. . .

Speaking of whom:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Good news on the Moe front! Glad to hear that he's okay. You're a good dog-mommy.

David Sedaris! Lucky you! I am in the middle of reading his latest. I swear, he is my soul-sibling. You KNOW that we'd sooooo be vying for his attention back in high school. Ha!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home